Mission Hospital is committed to the highest ethical principles in delivering quality healthcare. It is equally committed to the healing mission of the Catholic Church, which provides our ministry with those social and moral principles.
Through this hospital corporation and its services, programs, and works, the leadership of Mission Hospital seeks to give public witness to the gospel values of Christ's healing ministry by providing healthcare to the civic and adjoining communities of south Orange County. Services provided by Mission Hospital and its employees, contribute to the central mission of healing in Christ's name.
Each person performs a significant role in accomplishing that mission by striving to provide excellent service in a manner that is compassionate and respectful. Mission Hospital assumes a leadership role in assessing and responding to the needs of the community, especially the needs of the medically underserved and disadvantaged persons.
The following statement of philosophy is based on the core values, tradition and care of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange to promote understanding and unified efforts throughout the organization in fulfilling the mission of healing. The philosophy is the foundation for the organization, which makes it operational on a daily basis.
Life is a gift from God to be cherished and respected in all its stages from conception through death to life eternal.
In respecting the sacredness of life, we strive:
- To act in accordance with the ethical principles and teachings of the Catholic Church
- To protect each person's right to life and ensure the terminal patient's right to a dignified death
- To offer spiritual support and comfort to those who face death or are suffering
- To educate ourselves and the public about medical-ethical issues
Every person has dignity and worth because each is a unique creation.
In respecting personal dignity and worth, we strive:
- To provide quality care for all patients without distinction
- To honor each person's right to privacy, confidentiality and self-determination
- To ensure equality and opportunity and just labor practices for employees
In respecting each person's uniqueness, we strive:
- To provide individualized and person-centered care
- To ensure that spiritual care is available for each patient
- To support and appreciate one another and contribute to an environment that recognizes the contribution of each person
Patients deserve quality healthcare services in a professional and well managed environment
- To ensure quality services and professionalism, we strive:
- To operate sound management principles which allow the mission to be promoted with efficiency and effectiveness
- To vigilantly guard and manage our resources with strong stewardship and accountability
- To foster training and growth in skills, competence and professionalism
- To maintain an environment in which responsibility and accountability are clearly defined and performance is fairly evaluated
- To encourage and recognize creativity and excellence in the performance of service
An environment of unity and harmony contributes to healing and wellness
In contributing to a harmonious environment, we strive:
- To collaborate as a healthcare team in caring for the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of patients and staff
- To foster open communication that includes active listening and consistent sharing of information
- To maintain attitude and behavior that promotes a spirit of cooperation and hospitality
- To cooperate with other facilities and agencies to meet the healthcare needs of the communities we serve