Mental Health & Wellness
Center for Adolescent Mental Health and Family Wellness
Provides intensive treatment services for adolescents, ages 14 to 17, presenting
with problems involving substance abuse and related co-occurring psychological
challenges affecting their academic, social or family functioning. Also,
provides research-based treatment from licensed psychiatrists, psychologists,
marriage and family therapists, and certified addiction specialists in
a group setting with individual follow-up to ensure treatment goals are met.
The program meets Monday to Thursday from 4 to 7:30 p.m., and includes
group therapy topics such as introduction to Big Book study, relapse prevention,
skills of emotion regulation, problem solving, interpersonal effectiveness,
self-esteem enhancement, mindfulness, management of behavioral issues,
yoga/meditation and Art Therapy. Providers incorporate a variety of treatment
modalities, including dialectical and cognitive-behavioral therapeutic
- Includes supervised dinner each evening and includes family once a week.
- Once a week we have “family night” where we provide parent
training, as well as multifamily therapy groups.
- Weekly individualized treatment care planning to monitor progress and facilitate
the most effective intervention.
- Weekly family therapy sessions are also provided and scheduled to accommodate
What is an Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP):
It is an intermediate level of mental health treatment designed to meet
the needs of those who are balancing recovery from an illness and reintegration
into their regular lives. IOP is designed as both a “step-down”
transition from a higher level of care, or a “step-up” in
level of care when traditional weekly outpatient therapy is not sufficient.
- The aim of IOP is to facilitate healthy transitions, strengthen emotion
regulation, communication skills and develop a more heightened awareness
of self.Successful outcome will help reduce the need for a more intensive
level of care.
- Length of stay for IOP is approximately 5 weeks.We will monitor progress
through weekly feedback forms as well as consultation sessions with the
therapy team scheduled as needed.