Mission Cancer Center is committed to improving the health of the communities we serve. To aide our efforts, we offer a variety of community cancer outreach programs that support the health of our dear neighbors. For more information, call (877) 459-3627.
Cancer Resource Library
Located on the third floor of Tower 1 on our Mission Viejo campus, our cancer resource library holds information on prevention, detection and current treatment options to help understand the many aspects of cancer. The library is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
To learn more about our cancer support groups that help patients deal with the emotional and spiritual struggles surrounding a cancer diagnosis, click here.
- Skin Cancer Screenings - Free screenings are offered yearly through Mission Hospital's Community Health Improvement Services department. Call (877) 459-3627 for more information
Breast Cancer Resources
- Resource Library - Located within Mission Women's Wellness Center, the library houses a dedicated Susan G. Komen library with books, audio tapes and video tapes on breast health and breast cancer prevention and treatment. Materials are available for check-out at no charge. Call (949) 365-CARE for more information
- Comprehensive Breast Cancer Community Outreach and Education - Breast health programs at a variety of locations
- Pre-Operative Mastectomy Education Class [should be a link to calendar]
- Breast Cancer Early Detection Program - State-funded program provides underserved women screening and diagnostic mammograms at Mission Hospital
- Breast Cancer Treatment Fund - State-funded program provides treatment to uninsured women diagnosed with breast cancer
- Latino Breast Cancer Education and Support - A bilingual (English/Spanish) Latino Outreach Nurse provides breast cancer awareness, education and support within the community and hospital settings