Neuroscience & Spine Institute
Improved Patient Outcomes
How will the NSI Offer Improved Patient Outcomes?
Having the latest technology and an integrated team of experts in one patient tower enhances our ability to provide quality, top-notch care to every patient we are privileged to serve. In addition, our vision is to ultimately expand the services offered at the NSI well beyond the walls of Mission Hospital through outreach programs, research and education. Along with this vision, our hope is that the NSI will contribute to medical advancements for common neurological disorders such as Parkinson's Disease, Alzheimer's, stroke and more.
The NSI at Mission Hospital will tranform neuroscience and spine care by offering the tools, expertise and resources needed to significantly improve patient outcomes. The major of highlights of the NSI include the following:
- Diagnose, treat and prevent disorders of the brain, spine and nervous system.
- Linear accelerator, which will provide precise radiation treatment to tumors of the central nervous system.
- Cyberknife technology enlisting computerized robotic equipment to deliver precisely targeted high-dose radiation to destroy tumors.
- Intraoperative imaging, allowing surgeons to remove brain tumors safely and effectively by providing detailed images of the brain during surgery.
- Additional services for patients suffering from multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer's and other types of dementia.
- Enhanced services for patients with movement disorders such as epilepsy and Parkinson's Disease.
- Certified stroke center and advanced minimally invasive treatment of stroke.
- Contribute to life-changing innovation that may one day reverse paralysis.
- Advanced in-patient neuro-rehabilitation.
- Preferred Orange County destination for neuroscience and spine care.
- Community education programs that will increase the understanding of neurological conditions and encourage prevention of spinal injuries.