Center for Rehab/Sports/Wellness
The Center for Rehab/Sports/Wellness provides outpatient rehabilitation therapy services. Our physical therapists have an average of 12 years of experience, our speech language pathologists average 9 years of experience and our occupational therapists average 20 plus years.
The Center is located on the lower campus of Mission Hospital in Mission Viejo and houses fully equipped rehabilitation and fitness gyms, aerobic room, private treatment rooms, locker and shower facilities, and is complete with a full complement of aerobic and weight equipment.
We provide evaluation and treatment to patients with problems involving orthopedic, neurologic or muscle and joint problems. Our goal is to help you become as independent as possible and restore you to your top level of function. Services may include a single form of therapy or may combine therapies, which include:
- Hand Occupational Therapy - Assessment and treatment for patients with hand / wrist injuries and upper extremities.
- Lymphedema Treatment Program - Treatment of primary and secondary lymphedema following surgery, lymph node removal or radiation treatment.
- Occupational Therapy - Specific evaluation and exercise techniques for improving strength, coordination, perception and use of fine motor activities assist patients in returning to a normal level of function.
- Orthopedic - Therapy to address orthopedic conditions, including neck and back problems, musculoskeletal disorders, such as osteoarthritis and arthritis and sports-related injuries, including overuse injuries.
- Pelvic Floor Program - Assessment and treatment for both men and women to improve pelvic floor function: incontinence and pelvic pain.
- Physical Therapy - Improve mobility, strength, motion, coordination and balance through exercise and hands-on treatment techniques, such as soft tissue manipulation and massage.
- Speech Pathology - Evaluation and treatment of communication, cognitive and speech disorders, as well as swallowing problems.
- Wound Care - Assessment and treatment for open wounds by therapists dedicated to seeking healing options for your wounds.
Brain Injury Day Treatment Program
Our Brain Injury Day Treatment Program is a Commission Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities' outpatient therapeutic program for individuals recovering from a neurological event - a traumatic brain injury, stroke, tumor, or other disabling condition. Each therapy session is customized to address the clients' physical, cognitive, and psycho-social health needs. This therapeutic team approach allows patients maximal opportunity to return to pre-injury function in the home and community.
The Gym at The Center for Rehab/Sports/Wellness
If you are interested in getting fit, consider joining the gym at the Center for Rehab/Sports/Wellness. The gym is a 5000 sq. ft. facility complete with treadmills, stationary bikes, elliptical machines, weight machines and free weights. Amenities include locker rooms, personal lockers, and showering facilities. The gym employs fitness technicians who are available for questions or guidance.
To learn more about the Center for Rehab/Sports/Wellness, please call us at (949) 364-9637.