Mission Hospital's 14th Annual Valiant Women Luncheon, held on Friday, March 12, 2010 at the Ritz-Carlton Laguna Niguel, raised net proceeds of $125,000 for Women's Services at Mission Hospital. The success of the event, which exceeded last year's proceeds, was due in large part to support from Title Sponsor The Microsoft Store at The Shops at Mission Viejo and Presenting Sponsor Lisa Dale of Seabreeze Management Company, Inc. The nearly 500-guest fundraiser included a silent auction, luncheon, luxury opportunity drawing packages (valued at up to $4,900), and a runway fashion show featuring clothing and accessories from retailers at The Shops at Mission Viejo.
Proceeds from the 2010 Valiant Women Luncheon support three important areas that impact women in our community as well as within Mission Hospital.
- Women's Services at Mission including the Women's Wellness Center - a 15,000-square-foot outpatient facility offering a comprehensive array of health care and wellness services for women.
- Mission Maternity Center - newly redesigned to provide a warm and inviting environment for new moms, providing a comfortable and beautiful setting for the most special time in a woman's life.
- The Nursing Center of Excellence - With a nation-wide nursing shortage, this program is crucial to attracting and retaining excellent nurses at Mission--providing them with state-of-the-art training and professional development.
The luncheon program began with a welcome by Mission Hospital's President and Chief Executive Officer Peter F. Bastone who thanked everyone for their support: "Over the past 14 years, the Valiant Women Luncheon has raised more than $1 million for Mission Hospital, a testament to the support group's strong leadership."
Valiant Women Luncheon
Vice Chair of Valiant Women and Mission Hospital Foundation Board member Margarita Solazzo introduced guest speaker Dr. Howard Cheng, Medical Director of Mission Hospital Breast Health Services. Dr. Cheng stressed the importance of early detection of breast cancer and screening mammograms. Following his remarks, guests watched a special video featuring Alison Frommelt, a nurse at Mission Hospital who shared her transforming experience with breast cancer at a young age. After the moving video, Alison was escorted onto the runway by her fiancé Mark Miller as the audience stood and applauded her courageous story. She thanked everyone for their generous donations to Mission Hospital that help women like her receive the best treatment possible.
One of the highlights of the Valiant Women Luncheon program was the fashion show modeled by Mission Hospital nurses and affiliated physicians and Mission Hospital's President and Chief Executive Officer Peter F. Bastone. Clothing and accessories were provided by Banana Republic, Fredric H. Rubel Jewelers, White House/Black Market, Chico's, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Tommy Bahama, all from The Shops at Mission Viejo. Makeup was provided by Smashbox from Nordstrom Mission Viejo and hairstyling was provided by Salon Diva, Laguna Niguel.
The luncheon concluded with the highly anticipated announcement of the winners of the luxury opportunity drawings. The packages and winners included:
- Technology Makeover, valued at $2,900. Donated by The Microsoft Store at The Shops at Mission Viejo. This package included a 15-inch Ultra Light Laptop, companion Netbook, HP 20-inch widescreen LCD flat panel, and more. The winner was Nancy Davison.
- Fabulous Fashionista, valued at $4,000. Included a $1,000 David Yurman sterling and diamond bracelet, $1,000 of ReVive Skin Care products, $500 of Smashbox cosmetics, Pilates and Personal Training, a massage at Burke Williams, and more. The winner was Jami Hensling.
- Forever Young, valued at $4,900. Donated by Pacific Coast Cosmetic & Laser Medical Center, James A. Heinrich, MD. This package included a $4,000 gift certificate for any surgical or laser procedure, consultation with Dr. Heinrich, $500 gift certificate for skin care, Botox or Juvederm, three silk peels or three facials. The winner was Maureen Sullivan.
In addition to the opportunity drawing package sponsors, Valiant-level sponsors included: The Shops at Mission Viejo, Monex Precious Metals - Michael and Vicky Carabini; John and Monique Staples, and Mission Hospital's Executive Team.
For more information, please contact Erin McHenry at Mission Hospital Foundation at 365-3865 or visit mission4health.com.