The Auxiliary of Mission Hospital, a nonprofit charity organization, supports
Mission Hospital by being the main source of volunteer support with many
volunteer positions that provide service and support to patients, visitors
and staff, but does not do direct patient care.
We sincerely appreciate your consideration to volunteer at Mission Hospital.
We value our volunteers and their commitment of their time, talent and
service. Volunteering at Mission Hospital is a wonderful way to give back
to your community.
Before You Apply to Become an Auxiliary Volunteer
Before you apply to become a volunteer, please click
here to view several questions to ensure that you are able to fulfill the role
of a volunteer at Mission Hospital.
If you feel your volunteer desires align with the Auxiliary of Mission
Hospital and you are dedicated to putting the needs of our patients and
their families first, please continue the application process by clicking
here to review general volunteer positions. We are accepting application for
positions at both our Mission Viejo and Laguna Beach campuses. If you
are a college student, please review the COPE Health Scholar program below.
Steps to Becoming an Adult Volunteer
here to download and complete an application. Please email completed applications
and or questions to
- Wait for application approval and telephone interview.
- Attend a personal interview.
- Begin TB testing and other medical testing as required.
- Pass criminal background check.
- Acquire hospital identification badge.
- Acquire hospital parking pass.
- Attend volunteer orientation.
- Participate in training specific to your volunteer position.
- Volunteer four hours per week for a minimum of one year.
High School Volunteers
Support the Hour-A-Thon Fundraiser
High School students interested in volunteer opportunities at either the
Mission Viejo or Laguna Beach campus must be actively attending a local
Eligibility requirements for High School Volunteers include:
Applications are accepted annually between
October 1 – 14 (see application link for more details)
- Students must reside (live) within the Capistrano Unified School District,
Laguna Beach Unified School District or Saddleback Valley Unified School District
- Students must be in their freshman or sophomore year of high school
- Students must be at least 15 years of age or a junior (15 years of age
or younger) to enter the volunteer program
For a list of
High School Volunteer positions, click
To learn more about
high school volunteering eligibility, click here.
For instructions to
apply and to download a High School membership application, click
For other suggestions for
volunteer opportunities with non-profit organizations, click
If you have questions, please contact the Mission Hospital Auxiliary at
Cope Health Scholars – College Program
College students interested in volunteering in the health care field, please visit
www.copehealthscholars.org, which offers hands-on experience working with physicians, nurses and
other health care professionals