Mission Cancer Center is committed to improving the health of the communities
we serve. To aide our efforts, we offer a variety of community cancer
outreach programs that support the health of our dear neighbors. For more
information, call (877) 459-3627.
Cancer Resource Library
Located on the third floor of Tower 1 on our Mission Viejo campus, our
cancer resource library holds information on prevention, detection and
current treatment options to help understand the many aspects of cancer.
The library is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
To learn more about our cancer support groups that help patients deal with
the emotional and spiritual struggles surrounding a cancer diagnosis,
Skin Cancer Screenings - Free screenings are offered yearly through Mission
Hospital's Community Health Improvement Services department.
Call (877) 459-3627 for more information.
Breast Cancer Resources
- Resource Library - Located within Mission Women's Wellness Center,
the library houses a dedicated Susan G. Komen library with books, audio
tapes and video tapes on breast health and breast cancer prevention and
treatment. Materials are available for check-out at no charge. Call (949)
365-CARE for more information
- Comprehensive Breast Cancer Community Outreach and Education - Breast health
programs at a variety of locations
- Pre-Operative Mastectomy Education Class [should be a link to calendar]
- Breast Cancer Early Detection Program - State-funded program provides underserved
women screening and diagnostic mammograms at Mission Hospital
- Breast Cancer Treatment Fund - State-funded program provides treatment
to uninsured women diagnosed with breast cancer
- Latino Breast Cancer Education and Support - A bilingual (English/Spanish)
Latino Outreach Nurse provides breast cancer awareness, education and
support within the community and hospital settings