CHOC Children’s at Mission Hospital Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
CHOC Children’s at Mission Hospital is a Level III NICU and provides
expert neonatal and pediatric medical and surgical services for south
Orange County. A 24-hour, in-house board -certified neonatologist, intensivist
and specialized registered nurses staff the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
The NICU cares for high-risk cases including prematurity, respiratory
distress, severe hemorrhage, shock, metabolic/chromosomal disorders, cardiac
defects or congenital hearts, acute neurological event, organ/GI failure,
renal disease, fetal distress, trauma, birth defects and low birth weight.
- Transport services from other facilities to the NICU
- Overnight accommodations for parents (limited availability)
- Access to the comprehensive CHOC Early Development Assessment Center
- Newborn Hearing Screening performed on all NICU patients
- Internationally Board Certified Lactation Consultants