Women’s Health Patient & Family Advisory Council
To better understand the needs of our patients and their families, in 2008
Mission Hospital invited former patients to assist in the development
of the Women’s Health Patient & Family Advisory Council.
Our mission for the Council is to actively engage patients and families
as partners with Mission Hospital, in support of our philosophy of Patient
and Family Centered Care. The Council seeks to enhance the delivery of
care by providing a collaborative vehicle of communication between families
and hospital staff to improve the health care experience. The Council
exemplifies our hopes for Mission Hospital to continue to maintain and
enhance the level of healthcare services our community has come to rely upon.
The goals of the Women’s Health Advisory Council are to:
- Provide a vital link between Mission Hospital’s Women’s Institute
and the community.
- Provide supportive channels of communication between families and hospital staff.
- Provide input and feedback on delivery of services for patients and their families.
- Review issues referred to the Women’s Health Patient and Family Advisory
Council and provide recommendations.
- Monitor, evaluate, and address cultural and religious beliefs of patients
- Provide input regarding new and existing program development.
- Promote an environment offering excellent and safe healthcare through collaboration
of families and staff.
- Promotes improved relationships between patients, families and staff.
- Provides opportunities for staff to listen to their customers to enhance
The Council meets bi-monthly with hospital staff to directly engage the
perspective of the patient and family. The Council’s contribution
to the care environment have been significant, ranging from input on visitation
policies, individualized care plans, the patient/family meeting process,
marketing campaigns, as well as participating in process improvement teams
and serving as community ambassadors. The role of our Council continues
For a copy of the Council's bylaws, click
here. For an application, click
To find out more about our Women’s Health Patient & Family Advisory
Council, please contact Council Chair, Kirsten Pert, at firstname.lastname@example.org.