Expert Back and Neck Care
At Mission Hospital, back support means more than procedures. It means
a supportive team of experts dedicated to helping you return to a life
free from back and neck pain. It begins with non-surgical strategiesto
help you avoid surgery whenever possible. When surgery is necessary, it
means making expert use of minimally invasive techniques that minimize
the impact of surgery on your body and help you heal faster. After surgery,
the support continues with rehabilitation programs designed to help you
safely regain movement, function and strength.
The highly experienced back-and-neck team at Mission Spine Center offers
the full range of therapeutic options to treat all spinal conditions.
We carefully coordinate a personalized treatment and rehabilitation program
that matches your unique needs – because back support means more here.
To learn more or to schedule an appointment, call:
Many of our patients get excellent pain relief from non-surgical therapies, such as:
- Physical therapy
- Physical and rehabilitation medicine (physiatry)
- Pain-relieving injections
- Non-narcotic medications
- Epidural steroid injections
- Radiofrequency neurotomy, facet denervation and rhizotomy (injection procedures
to quiet nerve pain)
- Disc biacuplasty (a treatment for damaged discs that uses heat to interrupt
Our board-certified neurosurgeons are highly experienced in all types of
spine surgeries and use minimally invasive techniques whenever appropriate.
Conditions we treat include:
- Chiari malformations
- Chronic back and neck pain
- Degenerative back and neck disorders
- Herniated discs
- Spinal stenosis
- Spinal tumors
- Lumbar and cervical disc replacements
Minimally invasive procedures offer significant advantages over traditional
surgeries, including smaller incisions, greater surgical precision, less
tissue trauma, shorter hospital stays and less scarring.
We perform state-of-the-art minimally invasive procedures at
Mission Hospital in Mission Viejo,
Mission Hospital in Laguna Beach, and in the outpatient
Mission Surgery Center.
Mission Spine Center supports safe and healthy recovery through a team
approach to rehabilitative care. Our services include:
- Inpatient, outpatient and in-home rehabilitation
- Physical, occupational and speech therapies
- Care from orthopedic-certified specialists
- Classes and health education programs for groups and individuals
- Work-hardening programs focused on rebuilding strength to return to work